Northwestern Medicine offers care for all of your child's needs from infancy to young adulthood.
Pediatric Primary Care
Northwestern Medicine Pediatric Primary Care offers a full spectrum of primary and preventive care services for infants, children and young adults through age 21.
Our board-certified pediatricians and nurse practitioners will be there as your child grows to:
- Connect with you and your child during routine checkups
- Discuss your concerns about key health topics such as nutrition, discipline and safety
- Provide care for minor injuries or illnesses, as well as ongoing care for chronic conditions
- Help with early detection of developmental and behavioral disorders
- Connect you with specialists and help you navigate care as needed
We provide comprehensive care for children for a wide variety of health needs, including:
- Routine health examinations
- Newborn care, including care for premature infants
- School, camp and sports physicals
- Prevention and management of chronic illness
- Detection, guidance and referrals for behavioral and developmental disorders
- Coordinated care for children with disabilities
Pediatric Care Close to Home
Learn more about Northwestern Medicine pediatric primary care and find a location near you.
If your child needs to see a specialist, our pediatricians will help you find the best care possible and help navigate your child’s care team. Your pediatrician will become a trusted partner in an ongoing commitment to you and your family’s health and wellness.
Pediatric Specialty Care
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital1 offers leading-edge and compassionate specialty care to families in Chicago's west suburbs.
This unique program offers access to Lurie Children’s physicians in 35 specialties at outpatient centers throughout the west suburbs. The program includes the following areas staffed by Lurie Children’s hospitalists, critical care specialists, emergency medicine specialists, radiologists and neonatologists:
Central DuPage Hospital
- Pediatric emergency department
- Pediatric inpatient unit
- Pediatric intensive care unit
- Neonatal intensive care unit
- Pediatric outpatient centers
- Medical imaging
- Pediatric surgery
- Pediatric outpatient center
- Special Care Nursery
Areas of Care
- COVID-19 Vaccines
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs)
- Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
- Pediatric Cancer and Blood Diseases
- Pediatric Cardiology and Electrophysiology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Pediatric Developmental and Behavioral Health
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Pediatric Medical Imaging
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Neuro-Oncology and Proton Therapy Program
- Pediatric Newborn and Infant Care
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Pediatric Psychology
- Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Special Care Nursery
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Wellness and Weight Management Program
- Ronald McDonald House near Central DuPage Hospital
- Pediatric "At-A-Glance" Schedule for Central DuPage Hospital
- Pediatric "At-A-Glance" Schedule for Delnor Hospital
- Pediatric Specialist Directory for Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital
- School Nurse Referral Slip: Download and print a parental notification slip to fill out when a child has to visit a school nurse.
- Vaccine Clinic Flier: Learn how and where to schedule a vaccination appointment.
- Kids Handwashing Manual: View a presentation kit designed to help teach children the importance of handwashing.
- Handwashing Informational Kit: Information and games for educating children on the importance of handwashing.
- Bicycle Safety Checklist: Learn important safety checkpoints to help make your ride a safe one.
- Bicycle Safety Presentation Manual: For assistance in giving presentations on bicycle safety.
- Bicycle Safety Information for Parents: Information to help keep your child safe while riding a bike.
- Bicycle Safety Coloring Book: A fun way for children to learn important safety tips.
- Child Passenger Safety Car Seat Belts: Information on using car seats and seat belts properly.
- Brain and Spinal Injury Prevention for Grades 1-3: Read information on ThinkFirst, a classroom program to teach children the importance of safety.
- Child Life Department Wish List: Learn more about the donations that can be made to help brighten a child's stay at the hospital.
- Pediatric Outpatient Needs Assessment for Pediatric Rehabilitation at Central DuPage Hospital or Delnor Hospital: English | Spanish
- Information from Inpatient Pediatrics and the PICU and Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.
The physicians who practice at the Northwestern Medicine Proton Center are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. These physicians have selected our facilities as the place where they want to treat and care for their private patients.