24/7 In-Hospital Care
Lurie Children's pediatric hospitalists are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Central DuPage Hospital to:
- Provide comprehensive clinical care to hospitalized patients
- Communicate with patients and their families
- Communicate with the patient's primary care physician and other specialists
- Coordinate all services, including admitting, diagnostic testing/results and discharge
- Provide conscious sedation for medical imaging studies
Each patient room is private with in-room sleeping accommodations for parents. Across the street, the Ronald McDonald House Near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital offers a home-away-from-home for families of hospitalized patients during their time of need.
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
A multidisciplinary team approach is at the core of our philosophy of care. The hospital team includes:
- Pediatricians specializing in hospital care
- Nursing staff dedicated to pediatric care
- Respiratory care technicians specializing in pediatrics
- Pediatric dietitians
- Social workers
- Child life specialists
- Pediatric pharmacists
- Rehabilitation therapists
The team takes a compassionate, collaborative approach to care, and will be with you and your child every step of the way.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, some of the physician(s) and/or individual(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.
The physicians who practice at the Northwestern Medicine Proton Center are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. These physicians have selected our facilities as the place where they want to treat and care for their private patients.