Male Infertility Treatments
Treatments for infertility in men may include:
- Medications: Medical therapy may be appropriate in the event of a hormone imbalance, infection or other diseases.
- Surgery: Surgeons can correct a structural defect or blockage in the reproductive system or remove varicose veins in the scrotum.
- Addressing other health issues: Your physician can help you control high blood pressure, diabetes and other conditions that can impact fertility.
- Lifestyle changes: Your physician might recommend lifestyle changes that can boost your fertility, including maintaining a healthy weight, eliminating smoking or recreational drugs, alcohol in moderation and stress reduction.
Your physician may discuss other options for pregnancy, called assisted reproductive technologies (ART), including:
- Artificial insemination
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT)