Ownership or Investment Interests
Faculty member had an ownership or investment interest in the following companies
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- Ikaika Therapeutics
- Phrixus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Consulting / Related Activities
Faculty member engaged in activities such as speaking, advising, consulting, or providing educational programs for the following companies or other entities
- 4D Molecular Therapeutics
- American Heart Association, Inc.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Avidity Biosciences LLC
- Beijing Society of Cardiology
- Chinese Society of Cardiology
- Creative Educational Concepts, Inc.
- Cytokinetics, Inc.
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- German Heart Foundation
- Invitae Corp.
- Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research & Development, LLC (J&JPRD)
- Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Cardiology
- Lalone Marketing and Events (LME)
- Massachusetts Medical Society
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Medical University of South Carolina
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- PepGen Inc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Qianjiang International Conference of Cardiology
- SAHZU-UCLA Joint Cardiovascular Science Conference
- Shanghai Medical Innovation and Development Foundation
- Stealth BioTherapeutics, Inc.
- Tenaya Therapeutics
- TREAT-NMD Advisory Committee for Therapeutics (Newcastle University)
- Tufts Medical Center, Inc.
- University Hospitals Health System (Cleveland, OH)
- University of Colorado Denver - Health Sciences Center
- University of Kentucky
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Pennsylvania (Perelman School of Medicine)
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
Royalty Payments and Inventor Share
Faculty member has the right to receive payments or may receive future financial benefits for inventions or discoveries related to the following companies or other entities
Service on Board of Directors
Faculty member served in a fiduciary capacity, such as a board member/director, officer, or trustee, for the following companies or other entities
External Professional Relationships
Pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies frequently collaborate with basic scientists and physicians within an academic medical center to help advance science and improve patient care. These relationships are important in achieving scientific breakthroughs and in establishing the effectiveness and safety of promising new therapies. In order to assure objectivity in clinical research and patient care, the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg), Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Children's Hospital of Chicago Medical Center, and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab have adopted integrity policies that require research and clinical faculty (in full-time, part-time, and unpaid/voluntary categories) to report compensated and uncompensated external industry relationships. Patients are encouraged to discuss these disclosures with their physician as well as to inquire as to how these relationships are overseen by Feinberg. To learn more about our Disclosure and Professional Integrity Policy, and the conflict of interest policies of our joint affiliate survey partners, please go to our Office for Regulatory Affairs Policies page.