Call 911 for a life-threatening emergency. For help choosing the right level of care, use our Symptom Checker.
You’ll find comfort and confidence in knowing that Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) is a regional leader in providing emergency and trauma care, with several notable distinctions.
CDH is one of the first medical centers in Illinois to earn the Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by the Joint Commission. CDH receives stroke patient transfers from more than 30 hospitals in Chicago’s western suburbs. CDH is also a Level II Trauma Center. Your advanced heart care starts in the Emergency Department and continues with experienced and highly ranked heart care specialists.
Physician specialists on the medical staff of CDH are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week along with the skilled staff and advanced technology to handle acute critical care.
Located through the main CDH Emergency Department entrance, the CDH Pediatric Emergency Department has extended hours for Lurie Children's Emergency Medicine Specialists and is designated by the State of Illinois as a Level II Trauma Center.
Parking and Transportation
Parking Lots and Entrances
Disability and foreign language services
- Language interpreters: Medically trained interpreters for a variety of languages are available to assist you. If you prefer to communicate in a language other than English, please ask a member of the care team for assistance. This confidential service is provided free of charge.
- Resources for the hearing impaired: If you or your loved one has a hearing impairment, American Sign Language interpreters, TTY devices and a video interpreting system are available. Please notify a staff member if you would like to use this free, confidential service.
Patient and Visitor Information
Hours of Operation
Visitors play an important role in helping patients recover. To maintain a healing environment and enable patients to rest, however, we ask that family and friends honor the following hours and guidelines for visits.
- Visitors: Three to four maximum at a time
- Children: Must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- Etiquette: Limit cell phone use; maintain a lowered voice; monitor the behavior of visiting children
Please note that visiting hours and policies may vary by unit. Please check with the care team on the unit for any specific guidelines.Download our Services and Amenities Map.
Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital Emergency Department
- Gift Shop Too!
- Inpatient Pavilion Gift Shop/Coffee Shop
- For your convenience, two ATMs are available on the first floor of the hospital. One is in the Outpatient Services lobby, and the other is in the cafeteria.
Hotels and Lodging
Central DuPage Hospital Chapel
A nondenominational chapel is located on the first floor of Outpatient Services and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Chaplains are available to listen to your concerns and offer spiritual support. To request a chaplain visit, please ask the patient’s nurse, or contact the chaplain directly at 630.933.6624 or TTY 711.
Open 24 hours a day
Departments and Services
Why Choose Us
Northwestern Medicine facilities offer access to world-class patient care across the greater Chicagoland area and Northern Illinois. Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report, our clinical and administrative staff and medical and science faculty come together every day with a shared commitment to superior quality, academic excellence, scientific discovery and patient safety.
With Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, we’re dedicated to consistently providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-focused care. We seek to improve the health of the communities, individuals, family and friends we serve by delivering a broad range of services with leading medicine and compassion. Because what makes us better, makes you better.
View Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital maps.
Central DuPage Hospital Campus Map
Central DuPage Hospital Walking Map