Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
The Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council (PPFAC) consists of parents/legal guardians, patients, and hospital representatives who work together to help plan and evaluate hospital services, provide feedback and suggestions to improve quality and safety, and advocate for patient and family centered care across Central DuPage Hospital (CDH).
This unique council provides:
- A forum for parents/legal guardians and patients with extensive pediatric and/or obstetrics (OB) inpatient and outpatient experiences to share their feedback with CDH
- A partnership between parents/legal guardians, patients, CDH hospital leadership and staff to strive for excellence
- An opportunity to consult on patient needs based on the parent/legal guardian and patient perspective
- Recommendations for CDH administration and staff about patient engagement, services and new projects or programs
- Participation in planning, operating and policy work
- Educate staff and administration about family-centered care
- Collaboration on lobbying efforts related to women and children’s healthcare
Members have found participation on the PPFAC to be a fulfilling and rewarding experience.
Please take a few minutes to review the council’s membership criteria and selection process in the Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council brochure. If you are interested in applying for membership, please complete the online application below.
If you have any additional questions, please call 630.933.6459.