Apply to Join the Patient and Family Advisory Committee at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
What the Patient and Family Advisory Committee Does
The Patient and Family Advisory Committee (PFAC) provides a forum to:
- Help plan and evaluate hospital and medical group services
- Provide feedback to improve quality and safety
- Advocate for patient-centered care across the organization
With a focus on diversity and equity, this committee provides a vital connection between Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the patients we serve. Members provide input on new initiatives and pilot projects and how they may impact the patient experience.
Who Can Apply to Join the PFAC
Members must be:
- Patients or family members with recent and/or significant experience with care at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Comfortable speaking and working in a group setting with members whose background, experience and style differ from their own
- Able to generalize personal experiences and provide constructive feedback
- Committed to improving care for all patients and family members
- Respectful of the collaborative process and the PFAC as the forum to discuss issues
What Members Need to Do
Members must commit to:
- Serve a two-year term, with an option to serve a second term depending on the needs of the PFAC
- Attend a volunteer orientation
- Abide by confidentiality requirements
- Attend at least four meetings each year
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the PFAC, please fill out the Interested Member Intake Form.
We will also schedule a short screening call with one of the committee sponsors.
Thank you for your interest in the PFAC and making Northwestern Medicine better for the patients and families we serve.
Email email@example.com with questions.