Summer Volunteer Service for Students
Special 8-Week Service Period
The application period for summer-only service in 2022 is closed.
- Summer-only volunteers must commit to volunteering one day a week for eight weeks between May and August.
- If you have been accepted into the program following an interview, full summer student volunteering onboarding takes approximately one month due to the comprehensive process that is required. This includes a health screening, criminal background check (for those 18 and older) and volunteer orientation. A full list of requirements can be found on our volunteer requirements.
- Due to the large number of applications, participation in the summer program is limited and roles are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students will not be considered for the summer program if they are unable to fulfill all stated program requirements.
- Please note: At this time, summer service is not available at Northwestern Memorial Hospital or the Immediate Care Center in Evanston.
Teens and college students interested in summer-only service in 2023 must submit an application by May 1, 2023, and attend an orientation before the end of May 2023.
Additional opportunities for college students may also be available at Northwestern Medicine facilities. View opportunities for students.