Compassionate Treatment for Addiction and Substance Abuse
Northwestern Medicine Behavioral Health offers compassionate and effective abstinence-based care to address the cycle of abuse and addiction and help individuals regain control of their lives. Learning the warning signs is the first step to getting the care you need.
Addiction and Substance Abuse Services
Drug or alcohol abuse can take a toll on relationships, family life, work performance, and physical and mental health. The national increase in opioid use is worsening the toll that substance abuse takes on individuals and families struggling with addiction. To meet this need, Northwestern Medicine Behavioral Health offers services to increase access to quality care and support long-term recovery.
An Individualized and Integrated Approach
- Full range of medical detoxification treatment options
- Intake evaluation team trained in American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria to make treatment recommendations
- Behavioral, emotional, social and work-related issues are addressed with a variety of treatment modalities
- Individual, Group and Family Therapy with psycho-educational component
- Co-occurring treatment to address addiction, mental health issues and behavioral addictions
- Medication-assisted treatment available to manage withdrawal symptoms and support recovery
- Multidisciplinary team of licensed therapists, nurses and psychiatrists and addiction medicine physicians