Specialists and Care Centers
Melanoma Specialists and Care Centers
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States. It is estimated that at least one in five Americans will develop skin cancer during their lifetime.
The Skin Cancer Institute
The Skin Cancer Institute within the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center is deeply committed to providing advanced care for melanoma and reversing the growing prevalence of all forms of skin cancer. The Skin Cancer Institute provides advanced care through continued high-impact research, education and training. The Institute also offers multidisciplinary leadership that coordinates dermatology, surgical oncology, medical oncology and radiation oncology care with translational research.
Our five areas of excellence are:
- Cutaneous T-cell lymphoma
- Epithelial cancer/basal and squamous cell cancers
- Skin cancer education
- Skin complications of cancer therapies
Leading-edge clinical and lab-based research to benefit our patients with cancer is a critical component of the Skin Cancer Institute.
Our missionIt is our mission to:
- Provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art care to patients with skin cancer
- Reverse the skin cancer epidemic by educating medical professionals and the general public about prevention, early detection and treatment of skin cancers
- Continue and expand innovative clinical and basic science research that helps physicians better understand all aspects of skin cancers and allows them to discover new approaches for skin cancer prevention, diagnosis and management
Cancer care centers
Battling cancer is a multistep journey that may require many visits. During treatment, you need to devote your energy to getting healthy, not getting to the next appointment. That’s why treatment and support services at Northwestern Medicine are conveniently located throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, so you can get quick access to all the expertise and support you need, close to home.
Find location and contact information for our cancer treatment centers below.