Multidisciplinary Gastrointestinal Cancer Care Focused on You
At Northwestern Medicine, you will have peace of mind knowing that you are receiving world-class, patient-centered care from nationally recognized experts in every aspect of gastrointestinal cancer.
Your multidisciplinary gastrointestinal oncology team may include:
- Surgical specialists with advanced expertise in minimally invasive robotic surgery, peritoneal surgery, and liver-directed therapies, including hepatic artery infusion pump chemotherapy
- Gastrointestinal medical oncologists who have expertise in the most advanced cancer therapies and access to breakthrough clinical trials
- Radiation oncologists offering state-of-the-art radiation techniques
- Interventional radiologists providing image-guided diagnosis, therapy and management of complex cancers
- Interventional gastroenterologists and hepatobiliary specialists who provide advanced endoscopic procedures for the diagnosis and management of early and complex cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, biliary system and pancreas
- Gastrointestinal pathologists who will examine your biopsy specimen using molecular diagnostics to help personalize your treatment plan
- Dedicated gastrointestinal radiologists to oversee imaging specific to your cancer type
At Northwestern Medicine, you are at the center of your care team. In addition to your team of physicians, we surround you with experts to help you navigate all aspects of your cancer care. From diagnosis through therapy and survivorship, you and your family will be supported by:
- Financial counselors
- Genetic counselors
- Mental health experts
- Oncology certified nurses
- Palliative care experts
- Patient navigators
- Rehabilitation experts
- Social workers
Care You Can Trust
Northwestern Medicine is committed to offering high-quality gastrointestinal health care. This commitment is reflected in our national accreditations and recognition from prestigious organizations, demonstrating excellence in genitourinary cancer care services.
With Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked among the top 10 hospitals in the U.S. for cancer care by U.S. News & World Report, 2021 – 2022. Our clinical care teams work together across Northwestern Medicine, so access to this level of care extends to patients throughout Chicagoland and beyond.
Lurie Cancer Center is a national leader in patient care, research and education as a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). NCCN is a nonprofit alliance of leading cancer centers dedicated to quality, effectiveness and efficiency of cancer care. As part of the NCCN, Lurie Cancer Center has helped set the national standards for cancer care so patients can live better lives.