The Pulmonary Vascular Disease Program at the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute is among the largest and most advanced treatment and research programs in the country for patients with pulmonary hypertension. We offer a full range of services that include comprehensive patient evaluation, diagnostic testing, advanced treatment options, clinical research and patient education.
Our program is honored to have received national recognition from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) as a designated PHA-accredited “Center for Comprehensive Care,” the only one of its kind in Illinois. Criteria for this esteemed designation emphasize the experienced staff, comprehensive facility resources, evaluations of PH patients based upon consensus guidelines, access to all PH specific therapies, overall experience in treating PH and participation in clinical research.
One of the unique aspects of our program is the large number of faculty with widespread expertise in all forms of pulmonary hypertension. These include physicians with published research in:
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (including familial (inherited) forms)
- Pulmonary hypertension from left heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension associated with lung disease
- Pulmonary hypertension from pulmonary embolism and virtually all of the rarest forms of the disease
Our specialists treat a wide range of pulmonary vascular diseases, including:
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Acute and chronic blood clots in the lung
- Connective tissue disease (including scleroderma) related pulmonary diseases
- Diastolic heart failure