At the heart of the Center's success is the complementary approach through multidisciplinary teams of physicians who work to bring top-quality care to patients from around the world. Our multidisciplinary center includes gastroenterologists, interventional endoscopists, surgeons, psychologists and dietitians. Our internationally renowned team of specialists works with patients to control the symptoms that negatively affect their health and lives while focusing on the treatment of their condition or disease. Gastrointestinal (GI) diseases affect an estimated 60 to 70 million Americans annually.
Our comprehensive program is rated among the top gastroenterology and GI surgery specialty centers in the country 2020–2021 U.S. News & World Report.
To contact the Digestive Health Center or schedule an appointment, please call: 312.695.5620.
Meet the Team
The Northwestern Medicine Digestive Health Center brings together multidisciplinary teams to provide top-quality care for our patients. Our mission is to prevent, diagnose and treat disorders of the digestive tract and associated organs.
DHC in the News
The vision of the Digestive Health Center is to develop integrated resources for outstanding patient care, provide medical and patient education, and conduct research aimed at the prevention, diagnoses, and treatments of digestive diseases. Our expectation is to expand these coordinated efforts into an internationally recognized institute for digestive health and diseases.
On a global basis, common digestive disorders, such as acute diarrhea and viral hepatitis, are being replaced by an expanding burden of “developed world” chronic diseases, including inflammatory bowel disease, eosinophilic esophagitis and colon cancer.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine work together on clinical trials in gastroenterology, National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded investigations, and research into endoscopy and hepatology treatments for patients with GERD, Barrett's esophagus, and other digestive disorders.
- General Information for Endoscopy Procedures: Galter | Lavin
- General Information for Insurance and Billing: English | Spanish
- Moderate Sedation for Endoscopy: English | Spanish
- Clear Liquid Diet: English | Spanish
- Full Liquid Diet: English | Spanish
- Soft Diet: English | Spanish
- Procedure Information and Instructions:
- CDI Hydrogen Breath Test
- Colonoscopy Information, Instructions, and Billing Information
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: English | Spanish
- Interventional Instructions
- ERCP Instructions
- Upper EUS Instructions
- Lower EUS Instructions
- Per Anal Enteroscopy Instructions
- Per Oral & Per Anal Enteroscopy Instructions
- Per Oral Enteroscopy Instructions
- EGD with TIF Instructions
- EGD with RFA/EMR Instructions
- Liver Biopsy Instructions
- Motility Procedures
- Esophageal Manometry: English | Spanish
- pH Impedance Instructions: English | Spanish
- Anorectal Manometry Instructions: English | Spanish
- BRAVO Instructions: English | Spanish
- Smart Pill Endoscopy: English | Spanish
- Upper Endoscopy (EGD): English | Spanish
- EGD Instructions - Achalasia 1 Day
- EGD Instructions - Achalasia 2 Day
- EGD Instructions - Achalasia 4 Day
- EGD with Bravo Instructions
- Video Capsule Endoscopy (VCE): English | Spanish