Our Pancreaticobiliary Program is comprised of internationally renowned interventional endoscopists and surgeons who utilize state-of-the-art techniques to treat complex diseases of the pancreas and bile ducts. These specialists work with a team of physicians across many disciplines including diagnostic and interventional radiologists, medical oncologists, nutrition experts, and others. Our team is highly skilled in the use of minimally invasive endoscopic procedures including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), as well as minimally invasive surgical procedures such as laparoscopic and robotic surgery. Our physicians work together with an expert Interventional Radiology team offering the least invasive treatment options for complex situations.
In recognition of our commitment to the multidisciplinary management of complex pancreatic disease, Northwestern Memorial Hospital has been designated a National Pancreas Foundation Pancreatitis Center.
To contact or make an appointment with the Pancreaticobiliary Program call 312.695.5620.
Areas of Expertise
The diagnostic, endoscopic and surgical management of:
- Bile duct stones (choledocholithiasis)
- Pancreas cysts
- Complications of pancreatitis including pancreatic necrosis and pseudocysts
- Gallbladder disease (benign and malignant)
- Acute pancreatitis
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic cancer (adenocarcinoma and neuroendocrine tumors)
- Primary tumors of the bile duct (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Our group performs approximately 1,000 EUS and 1,000 ERCP procedures annually, the highest volume of any hospital in Illinois.
Meet the Team
Our team includes interventional endoscopy specialists in coordination with surgical oncology, transplant surgery, interventional radiology, diagnostic radiology and nutrition support specialists.
- Endoscopic ampullectomy
- Endoscopic pancreatic pseudocyst drainage and necrosectomy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) with fine needle aspiration and core biopsy
- Pancreas surgery including laparoscopic techniques
- Total pancreatectomy/auto islet cell transplant