Northwestern Medicine offers safe, convenient and relaxing outpatient infusion services, including blood transfusions, IV antibiotics, chemotherapy and other types of IV treatment. Additional benefits include:
- Registered nurses, specially trained in infusion therapy, including many with advanced certifications in IV therapy, cancer care and pediatrics
- Close proximity to specialized oncology care
- Specialized pediatric infusion services
- Comfortable private rooms with a bathroom, TV, sound system and relaxing recliners
During infusion or IV therapy, medication or fluids are delivered directly into your body through a thin catheter or needle. To help ensure maximum safety, electronic computerized pumps control the rate of the infusion so that you get just the right amount of medicine or fluids in the right amount of time. Infusions can be delivered through both peripherally inserted central catheter lines and central lines. To help you get the most out of your treatments, the skilled outpatient infusion team* offers other helpful support services, such as:
- Assessment and evaluation of your condition
- Educational and instructional materials to help you and your family members better understand your care and treatment
- Ongoing collaboration with your primary care physician or oncologist
Talk with your physician about how you can benefit from outpatient infusion services.
- Blood Transfusions
- Hydration Therapy
- Inotropic Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Medication Infusions
- PICC Insertions
- Synagis Clinic (well baby)
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
- CancerCare: If you or someone you love is facing cancer, access counseling, support, education and other helpful resources.
- For Physicians: ordering outpatient infusion services at Central DuPage Hospital or Delnor Hospital is easy.
- Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital Infusion Services Information Sheet for Patients
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, some of the physician(s) and/or individual(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.