Recognized by the Illinois Department of Public Health as a Pediatric Critical Care Center, the PICU at Central DuPage Hospital addresses a diverse range of serious medical and surgical pediatric concerns. Children and teens recovering from major surgery also receive their postoperative care in the PICU.
In addition to physician expertise, our PICU is equipped with state of the art technology. Each patient room is private with in-room sleeping accommodations for parents. Across the street, the Ronald McDonald House Near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital offers a home-away-from-home for families of hospitalized patients during their time of need.
Critical Care Specialists
Lurie Children's pediatric critical care specialists in collaboration with pediatric hospitalists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at Central DuPage Hospital to:
- Coordinate transports from other regional community hospitals to the PICU
- Provide comprehensive intensive care to hospitalized patients
- Communicate with patients and their families
- Communicate with the patient's primary care physician and other specialists
- Coordinate all services, including admitting, diagnostic testing/results and discharge
- Perform evaluation and provide care before and after special procedures and surgery
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
A multidisciplinary team approach to care is at the core of our philosophy of care. The hospital team includes:
- Pediatric Hospitalists
- Access to Lurie Children's pediatric specialists, including general surgeons, neurologists, cardiologists, hematologists/oncologists, pulmonologists and others as needed
- Pediatric critical care nurses
- Respiratory care technicians
- Social workers
- Child life specialists
- Rehabilitation therapists
The team takes a compassionate, collaborative approach to care, and will be with you and your child every step of the way.
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Head Injury
- Pediatric Cancer and Blood Diseases
- Pediatric Neuro-Oncology and Proton Therapy Program
- Respiratory Failure
- Serious Infection
- Surgical Conditions
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.