Experts in Lung and Chest Care Second Opinions
When your lung or chest condition requires complex treatments or major surgery, it makes sense to get a second opinion. At Northwestern Medicine Canning Thoracic Institute, our world-class team of experts use leading-edge technology to review your diagnosis and treatment options.
Physicians at multiple Northwestern Medicine locations in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs can provide care second opinions on lung and chest care for:
- Northwestern Medicine Ambulatory Precision Lung Sparing (A-PLUS) Surgery Program
- Northwestern Medicine Esophageal and Foregut Surgery Program
- Lung transplant
Do you need a lung or chest second opinion?
If your care team suggests a non-emergency lung or chest surgery or procedure, getting a second opinion may be useful. This can be helpful if:
- Your diagnosis is unclear.
- You have a disease that may be life-threatening.
- You have multiple medical conditions.
- Your treatment options vary widely in cost.
- You’re not responding to a treatment as expected.
- You’re no longer confident in your current care team.
- Your health plan requires a second opinion.
Patient Education Guide
Download the guide below to help guide you through your second opinion journey.
Lung and Chest Care Second Opinions: 5 Things You Need to Know
For more information about the Canning Thoracic Institute's Second Opinion Program, please either fill out the contact me form, or call 872.769.0467.