Physicians at multiple Northwestern Medicine locations in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs can provide care second opinions on lung and chest care for:
- Northwestern Medicine Ambulatory Precision Lung Sparing (A-PLUS) Surgery Program
- Northwestern Medicine PREMIER Esophageal Surgical Program
- Lung transplant
Do you need a lung or chest second opinion?
If your care team suggests a non-emergency lung or chest surgery or procedure, getting a second opinion may be useful. This can be helpful if:
- Your diagnosis is unclear.
- You have a disease that may be life-threatening.
- You have multiple medical conditions.
- Your treatment options vary widely in cost.
- You’re not responding to a treatment as expected.
- You’re no longer confident in your current care team.
- Your health plan requires a second opinion.
Patient Education Guide
Download the guide below to help guide you through your second opinion journey.
For more information about the Canning Thoracic Institute's Second Opinion Program, please either fill out the contact me form, or call 312.695.3800. Virtual telehealth as well as in-person visits may both be available upon request.