Bertec® Balance Advantage
Physical therapists at Northwestern Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital use the Bertec® Balance Advantage system to evaluate and address mobility and balance impairments. They can use this information to create a treatment plan that fits your needs.
Watch a video about the Bertec® Balance Advantage system
How does the Bertec® Balance Advantage work?
The Bertec® Balance Advantage helps evaluate and treat balance and mobility impairments. The system:
- Assesses your sensory and motor impairments
- Offers retraining exercises
- Imitates real-world environments with virtual reality
- Monitors your movement in real-time
What are the benefits of using the Bertec® Balance Advantage?
This virtual reality technology helps train you on how to address balance and mobility impairments.
You may benefit from the Bertec® Balance Advantage if you have:
- Inner-ear infection (labyrinthitis)
- Acute vertigo from head trauma or whiplash
- Long-term vertigo from chemical or drug toxicity
- Acoustic neuromas (benign tumor on the nerve between inner ear and brain)
- Age-related balance dysfunction or dizziness
- Visual-motor sensitivity
All outpatient therapy and procedures require a physician referral. For more information, please call 630.909.7150.