Patients with neurological, cardiac and other conditions may need help to breathe or get enough oxygen to their organs. Therapies may include:
- Oxygen therapy: This can provide relief for patients with cluster headache. It also improves oxygen saturation to damaged heart muscle for heart attack patients.
- Ventilator: Patients who have lung and pulmonary conditions or any disease, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), that can disrupt breathing, may need a ventilator.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association
- Les Turner Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Foundation
- American Headache Society Visit the Information for Clinicians section to find important handouts, podcasts and videos.
- American Migraine Foundation
- Brain Injury Association of America Learn more about diagnosis, treatment and living with a brain injury.
- Brain Trauma Foundation Get information to help you improve the outcome of a traumatic brain injury.
- ClusterHeadaches.com Get online support from other individuals with cluster headaches.
- National Headache Foundation Find resources and support for coping with chronic headaches.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke Learn how certain cardiovascular disorders can put you at a greater risk of a stroke. Know the warning signs and other important information about strokes.