Consulting / Related Activities
Faculty member engaged in activities such as speaking, advising, consulting, or providing educational programs for the following companies or other entities
- Abbott Laboratories, Inc.
- Arrhythmia Foundation
- Atricure, Inc.
- Baylis Medical Company, Inc.
- BCD Meetings & Events
- Biosense Webster, Inc. (a Johnson & Johnson Company)
- BioSig Technologies
- Boston Scientific Corporation (includes Guidant Corporation)
- Case Western Reserve University
- Cleveland Clinic Health System
- CVRx, Inc.
- Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
- Global Health Education and Research
- HMP Communications, LLC
- Medical Device Business Services, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Wiley-Blackwell (a John Wiley & Sons, Inc. company)
- Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. (Wolters Kluwer NV)
- Women As One
External Professional Relationships
Pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies frequently collaborate with basic scientists and physicians within an academic medical center to help advance science and improve patient care. These relationships are important in achieving scientific breakthroughs and in establishing the effectiveness and safety of promising new therapies. In order to assure objectivity in clinical research and patient care, the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg), Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Children's Hospital of Chicago Medical Center, and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab have adopted integrity policies that require research and clinical faculty (in full-time, part-time, and unpaid/voluntary categories) to report compensated and uncompensated external industry relationships. Patients are encouraged to discuss these disclosures with their physician as well as to inquire as to how these relationships are overseen by Feinberg. To learn more about our Disclosure and Professional Integrity Policy, and the conflict of interest policies of our joint affiliate survey partners, please go to our Office for Regulatory Affairs Policies page.