CDH Shared Leadership and Decision Making
Shared Leadership and Decision Making
Shared governance is a working model of participatory decision making where nurses at all levels are organized to make decisions about clinical practice standards, quality improvement, staff and professional development, and research. Below is a diagram of our new Integrated Shared Decision Making (ISDM) structure.
Click here to download image.
Shared Decision Making Vision Statement
A collaboration between front line staff and leaders to provide influence over decisions that impact practice, quality and professional development outcomes. It serves as the central point to align new initiatives and disseminate learnings.
- Members are engaged and active participants
- Councils and committees strive to be interprofessional
- Encompasses unit-based and integrated (CDH & Delnor) activities
- Supported by CDH and Delnor Chief Nursing Executives (CNE)
- Strategic direction set at CNE level
- SDM and council work aligned with nursing strategic plans
- Learnings are communicated via SDM
- Decisions are evidenced-based
- Decisions are guided by our Relationship-Cased Care professional practice model