NMH Nursing Strategic Roadmap
Nursing Strategic Roadmap
The Northwestern Memorial Hospital Nursing Strategic Roadmap reflects our vision for advancing nursing excellence in alignment with the mission and vision of Northwestern Medicine.
Northwestern Medicine is a premier integrated academic health system where the patient comes first.
- We are all caregivers or someone who supports a caregiver
- We are here to improve the health of our community
- We have an essential relationship with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- We integrate education and research to continually improve excellence in clinical practice
- We serve a broad community and bring the best in medicine closer to where patients live and work
Our vision is to be a premier integrated academic health system that will serve a broad community and bring the best in medicine—including breakthrough treatments and clinical trials enhanced through our affiliation with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine—to a growing number of patients close to where they live and work.
The roadmap for advancing nursing excellence at Northwestern Memorial Hospital focuses on the following core goals and objectives:
- Lead with an interprofessional relationship-based care model that represents evidence-based practice, achieves exemplary levels of quality, safety and patient experience, and supports patient care transitions
- Advance the application of the NM Interprofessional Relationship-Based Care (NM IRBC) Practice Model by implementing strategies to support the four domains and create a foundation for the implementation of the NM IRBC in the Northwestern Medical Group (NMG)
- Advance nursing science by supporting and fostering translational research and establishing a partnership with NMHC and Northwestern University to advance nursing science
- Leverage technology by identifying opportunities to optimize current technology related to nursing practice
- Enable an environment that sets the standard for the nursing profession, one that welcomes diversity, fosters excellence through collaborative professional and interprofessional practice and career development, and encourages lifelong learning and well being
- Embrace inclusivity by partnering with NMHC and Northwestern University to advance inclusivity and develop and execute a chief nurse executive summit at NMH with Deans of local Schools of Nursing focused on inclusivity
- Create and embed a culture of mentorship by advancing RN readiness for practice (e.g., RN Residency program), evaluating models of mentorship and fostering an environment for clinical and professional development