NMH Nursing Career Advancement
Nursing Career Advancement at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
At Northwestern Memorial Hospital, we have taken a unique and innovative approach to articulating the professional growth and development opportunities available to our nurses.
Leadership for this initiative was provided by our Nursing Professional Practice Committee, one of our nursing hospital-wide shared leadership committees. The committee’s goal was to visually describe the various development opportunities available to our nurses. The result was a Career Tree —one with many branches that depicted the numerous ways that Northwestern Memorial nurses can develop professionally and expand their opportunities for contribution.
Here are just a few of the opportunities we offer:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital Nurse Scholar Program
- Evidence-based journal clubs
- Access to education and training opportunities through the NM Academy
- Onsite certification review courses
- Monthly continuing education offerings on a variety of topics
- Student Nurse Internship every summer
- Full-day conferences in a variety of specialties including research, neuroscience, cardiovascular, oncology, women's health and transplant