NMH Nursing Awards and Recognition
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Nursing Awards and Recognition
Our nurses regularly receive recognition for their continual commitment to excellence.
- Preventing recurrent cerebrovascular events in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack: The current data. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. July 2011. Deborah L. Bergman MS, RN, FNP-BC.
- Slide Set Development for: "Vascular Contributions to cognitive Impairment and Dementia Scientific Statement for Healthcare Professionals from the AHA/ASA." Science News Section on AHA Website. July 2011. Deborah L. Bergman MS, RN, FNP-BC.
- Achieving Exceptional Financial Performance through Leadership, Strategy, and Execution. Nursing Economics. July-August 2011. Michelle Janney, RN, PhD, NEA-BC.
- Perioperative Care of the Pregnant Woman: Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guideline. Association of Woman's Health and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN). June 2011. Carol Burke, MSN, APN.
- Are informed consent forms for organ transplantation and donation too difficult to read? Clinical Transplantation. May 2011. Gwen Mc Natt, RN, MS, FNP-BC (co-author).
- Pulmonary Issues in a Cancer Patient Presentation at the Oncology Nursing Society. Hartford, CT. November 18, 2011. Susan Collazo, RN, MSN, ACNP.
- Broad Engagement Beyond Nursing as a Measure of Success: An Innovative Magnet Redesignation Strategy. Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4–6, 2011. Kristopher Goetz, MA; Michelle Janney, RN, PhD, NEA-BC; Jill Rogers, RN, PhD, NEA-BC.
- No Longer Your Traditional Educator: From Staff Educator to Organizational Leader. Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4–6, 2011. Kate O’Brien, RN, BSN, CMSRN.
- Recruitment and Retention: Achieving Exceptional Outcomes through Direct Care Nurse Leadership. Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4–6, 2011. Sarah Buenaventura, RN, MSN, CMSRN; Abigail Jones, RN, BSN; Maureen Slade, RN, MS, PMHCNS-BC, NE-BC.
- Facilitating Exemplary Professional Practice through the Work of a Nursing Finance Committee. Virtual poster at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4–6, 2011. Kelly Marks, RN, BSN; Kristin Ramsey, RN, MSN, MPPM, NE-BC.