At Northwestern Medicine, you will have access to physicians exclusively focused on breast health and breast cancer as well as a complete range of diagnostic and treatment options, including:
- Comprehensive oncology genetics
- Advanced surgical techniques
- Multiple types of radiation therapy, including conventional treatments, short-course treatment for those with early-stage breast cancer and proton therapy
- The latest medical therapies
- Innovative treatments through clinical trials
Care You Can Trust
At Northwestern Medicine, our commitment to offering you better breast health care is reflected in our multiple, national accreditations and recognition from prestigious organizations, demonstrating excellence in the spectrum of services. These organizations include:
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgery Commission on Cancer
- American College of Radiology (ACR) “Breast Imaging Center of Excellence”
In addition, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, with its oncology program at Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, is ranked among the top 10 cancer programs in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report, 2020 – 2021. With our clinical care teams collaborating across Northwestern Medicine, access to this level of care, including the latest treatment advances and clinical trials, extends to patients at all of our locations.
Lurie Cancer Center provides national leadership in patient care, research and education as a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), a nonprofit alliance of leading cancer centers dedicated to quality, effectiveness and efficiency of cancer care. As part of the NCCN, Lurie Cancer Center helped set the national standards for cancer care so that patients can live better lives.