Which treatment is best for you?
There are more than 200 different types of cancer that can develop in any organ of the body. In some cases, more than one type of cancer develops in a single part of the body. Our specialists provide consultations to lay out all the cancer treatment options available for you and work with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
Our multidisciplinary cancer care team* will work with you to determine the best cancer treatment option for you depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your overall health and medical history
- Extent of your cancer, including the type, grade, stage and location
- Your tolerance for specific medications, procedures or therapies
- Your opinion, expectations or preferences
Our board-certified oncologists offer expertise in state-of-the art therapies, leading-edge medical, surgical and radiation oncology treatment options, as well as research, clinical trials and diagnostic services.
There are a variety of cancer treatment options, depending on the location and severity of the cancer.
To find an Oncologist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, call 312.926.2520 (Galter Pavilion) or 312.472.3650 (Prentice).
To find an Oncologist, call our Cancer Centers at 847.535.2134.
Greater DeKalb County
To learn more or schedule an appointment with a specialist at Kishwaukee Hospital Cancer Center, please call 815.756.5255 or TTY for the hearing impaired 815.756.6448. For appointments at Valley West Hospital Cancer Center please call 815.786.9197 or TTY for the hearing impaired 815.786.3711.
Our cancer centers offer a variety of progressive cancer treatment options, including:
- 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Accelerated Breast Radiation Therapy
- Bland Embolization
- Deep Inspiratory Breath-Hold
- Endoluminal Surgery
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy
- Infusion Services
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Iodine (I-131) Therapy
- Low-Dose Brachytherapy
- Microwave Ablation
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Palliative Medicine and Supportive Care
- Portal Vein Embolization
- Precision Medicine
- Prostate Seed Implantation
- Proton Therapy
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation Procedures
- Radioimmunotherapy (RIT)
- Real Time Position Management
- Single-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, some of the physician(s) and/or individual(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.