Radiation therapy uses high-energy X-rays to kill cancer cells, in addition to the therapies to the right our specialists also offer stereotactic radiosurgery.
- 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Accelerated Breast Radiation Therapy
- Deep Inspiratory Breath-Hold
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Iodine (I-131) Therapy
- Low-Dose Brachytherapy
- Prostate Seed Implantation
- Proton Therapy
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation Procedures
- Total Body Irradiation (TBI)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Real Time Position Management
Surgery offers the best chance to stop many types of cancer, it also is often used in diagnosing, staging and supporting cancer treatment. In addition to the surgical procedures listed on the right, our specialists offer endoscopic surgery and laser surgery.
Chemotherapy is the use of anticancer drugs to treat cancerous cells.
- New Radiation Therapy Patient Orientation Form: Learn what to bring and other important information for a patient's first visit.
- A Comprehensive Quality Assurance Program for Personnel and Procedures in Radiation Oncology: Value of Voluntary Error Reporting and Checklists Report.
- Department of Radiation Oncology Workflow Graphic
Not all treatments may be available in all locations. Please contact Northwestern Medicine for more information.