Letter to Our Patients
To help answer your COVID-19 questions, we have created several ways for you to access information and check your symptoms:
- Visit the COVID-19 Resource Center at nm.org/covid19. Here you will find the latest information about the virus, testing and vaccination.
- Learn about COVID-19 vaccines and options. Vaccination is available in NM Immediate Care Centers and certain Primary Care clinics. Please click here for more information.
- Find COVID-19 testing locations. COVID-19 tests are available in our Immediate Care Centers, drive-thru sites and many retail pharmacies. Please click here for more information on Northwestern Medicine testing locations and hours.
- Check your COVID-19 symptoms. If you think you may have COVID-19, visit the Symptom Checker. You can answer a series of questions about your symptoms and receive guidance for the next steps in your care.
- Oral treatments for COVID-19. At this time, the state of Illinois has a limited supply of the two oral medications to treat COVID-19, nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid) and molnupiravir (Lagevrio). Patients who are at risk for severe illness and qualify for treatment include:
- Those who are moderately or severely immunocompromised
- Patients 65 and older who are unvaccinated and at high risk
Patients who qualify to receive the oral medications should discuss treatment options with their physician.
If you have non-urgent medical questions or need to be seen by a physician, please schedule an appointment or contact your physician via the MyNM app.
Thank you for trusting Northwestern Medicine with your care!
James Adams, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Northwestern Memorial HealthCare