Specialists and Care Centers
Eczema Specialists and Care Centers
The Northwestern Medicine Multidisciplinary Eczema Center (NMEC) is committed to providing the highest level of care for adults with eczema and contact dermatitis in the Chicagoland area and throughout the Midwest.
NMEC comprises multiple specialty practices for adult eczema care. Our adult eczema practice provides the highest quality dermatologic care for all aspects of eczema skin care. Our Comprehensive Eczema Program provides multidisciplinary care for patients whose eczema is accompanied by certain other medical disorders.
We offer a comprehensive array of diagnostic procedures and consultation including:
- Eczema education and management
- Allergen avoidance
- Patch testing for skin allergies
- Skin prick testing for respiratory allergies
- Skin biopsy
- Phototherapy (light therapy)
- Laser therapy
Comprehensive Eczema Program
Our Comprehensive Eczema Program is a specialized service aimed at providing comprehensive and coordinated care for adults with eczema and commonly associated conditions. Patients eligible for the Comprehensive Eczema Program must be evaluated and referred by one of our eczema specialists. We understand that many patients with eczema have a variety of related disorders, including:
- Intense itching
- Seasonal allergies
- Difficulty sleeping
- Impaired mental health
- Nutritional problems
- Other skin and medical disorders
Our multidisciplinary team1 includes:
- Sleep specialists
- Specialized nurses
The Comprehensive Eczema Program offers specialty services for eczema and related conditions, including:
- Dermatology: The Dermatology Department provides diagnosis and treatment for all aspects of eczema skin care, including dry skin, rash, inflammation, itch and skin sensitivity and allergies.
- Allergy: Allergists provide treatment of allergic diseases that commonly occur in adults with eczema, including asthma, hay fever or seasonal allergies and food allergy.
- Neurology: The Neurology Department provides assessment and management of problems related to intense itch, pain and altered sensation.
- Sleep Medicine (Neurology): Sleep Medicine specialists provide diagnosis and management of sleep disturbances that occur in eczema, including fatigue, sleepiness, insomnia and obstructive sleep apnea.
Contact Dermatitis and Occupational Dermatology Practice
Our Contact Dermatitis and Occupational Dermatology Practice is aimed at diagnosing and managing contact dermatitis and skin allergies. We offer comprehensive patch testingservices to identify the cause of your eczema and skin allergies.
Eczema Clinical Trials
NMEC is at the forefront of eczema treatment and care. NMEC has one of the most experienced dermatology clinical trials unit in the world. We are currently enrolling in multiple cutting-edge therapeutics trials. Learn more about our eczema clinical trials.
Northwestern Medicine has a very active research program, aimed at clinical, epidemiological, translational and basic science eczema research. Learn more about our research.