The clinic is directed by Marek-Marsel Mesulam, MD, and includes specialists from a wide variety of disciplines including neurology, neuropsychology, geriatrics, neuropsychiatry and social work. We typically evaluate and care for people with memory concerns, Alzheimer’s disease, primary progressive aphasia, frontotemporal dementia, corticobasal degeneration and progressive supranuclear palsy, posterior cortical atrophy, vascular dementia, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and dementia with Lewy bodies. Our program is geared toward supporting both patients and their families so they can meet the challenges of cognitive change and achieve a better quality of life.
How we can help
The Neurobehavior and Memory Clinic is staffed by behavioral neurologists, neuropsychologists, neuropsychiatrists, geriatricians, and clinical social workers from the Northwestern Medical Group. Our clinic offers a comprehensive array of diagnostic, therapeutic and innovative care that treats the whole patient. Our treatment plans include:
- Evaluation of memory and other thinking abilities using specialized tests.
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment for associated mood and behavior disorders.
- Assessment and follow-up care by behavioral neurologists dedicated to treating those with dementia.
- Disease education, counseling and referrals to Northwestern University and community support services
- Opportunities to participate in cutting edge research on Alzheimer's dementia, frontotemporal dementia and primary progressive aphasia.
For more information or to make an appointment, please contact our clinic at 312.695.9627.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is recognized as a national leader in quality health care and patient safety due to our commitment to proven, effective practices and our investment in outcomes research. We believe every detail counts when it comes to providing the highest quality care, and we report on hundreds of quality measures.
We strive to exceed the expectations of patients and their families, and our quality ratings detail how we work toward that goal by delivering care that is effective, safe, coordinated, timely and convenient. We encourage patients and their families to become our partner in providing safe and effective care.
Learn how well we are delivering care by viewing our Quality Ratings.