What is the Neuromodulation and Functional Neurosurgery Program?
The Neuromodulation and Functional Neurosurgery Program specialists1 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital collaborate in integrated teams to provide patients with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to their care, including:
- Assessment by a fellowship-trained neurologist in movement disorders or epilepsy
- Neurosurgical procedures including deep brain stimulation, epilepsy surgery, pain surgery, intrathecal medication infusion and other therapeutic procedures
- The opportunity to participate in clinical research trials
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy through Northwestern Memorial Hospital in conjunction with the Shirley Ryan Abilitylab2
- Social work services: consultation, counseling, support groups, and access to community services and resources
- Educational programs
- Learning materials, including: books, videos, audiotapes and internet resources
- Neuropsychology services
The Neuromodulation and Functional Neurosurgery Program is one of the leading programs in the Midwest, combining advanced technology and using innovative techniques to give hope to patients who have been told there was no hope.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked 10th in the country for Neurology and Neurosurgery programs making it once again the highest ranked neurosciences program in Illinois and Chicago for the 9th consecutive year. We have pioneered new devices and techniques with the goal of improving patients' quality of life. We aim to provide patients with the best outcomes from procedures used to treat neurological diseases.
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, the physician(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.