Treatments for Insomnia
If you are diagnosed with insomnia, your physician or sleep specialist may recommend a variety of options for treatment, including:
- Medications to help you fall asleep and stay asleep
- Changes to existing medication
- Counseling to help relieve stress in your life or other issues that are troubling you
- Changes in lifestyle choices that are affecting your sleep
- Better bedtime habits to encourage sleep
Your treatment plan will depend on what your physician determines is causing your insomnia. The ultimate goal of any course of treatment is to achieve consistent quality of sleep and life.