Excellent Patient Outcomes
At the Northwestern Medicine Joint Center at Kishwaukee Hospital in DeKalb, we are proud of our patient outcomes:
- Doctors report that patients feel well prepared with clear expectations of the entire process
- Families appreciate their role in assisting the patient
- Most patients stand the same day of surgery and are able to walk hundreds of feet the morning after. Many walk a total distance of one-half mile during their hospital stay.
- Patients are typically able to climb stairs and perform exercises with significant range of motion gains
- Nearly all of the patients achieve a level of mobility that makes it safe for them to discharge directly home within 2 to 3 days and receive outpatient physical therapy at the location of their choice
- Recently certified by the Joint Commission, the program is a testament to commitment of quality, safety, and positive patient outcomes