Northwestern Medicine offers treatment for general skin health and appearance concerns, including:
- Preventive and corrective skin and sun care
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
Available treatments for these conditions include:
- Advanced cosmetic procedures (to reduce signs of aging and improve appearance): Laser procedures such as IPL Photofacial, laser facial and Micro Ablative Smartskin can help improve skin texture, reduce the appearance of capillaries, redness and lesions, and correct hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels are used to reduce or eliminate fine lines, correct uneven skin tone, remove growths and treat acne and scars. Dermatologists apply a chemical solution to the skin that causes a skin layer to gradually peel off, revealing new, smoother skin.
- Botox® injections: Botox injections use a type of botulinum toxin to paralyze muscles, and are often used to reduce facial lines and wrinkles such as crow's feet and frown lines. They can also help relieve neck spasms, excessive sweating and migraines.
- Fat transplantation: Fat transplantation transfers fat from one area of the patient's body to their face, breasts or buttocks to re-contour the area or reduce scarring more permanently than Botox® or injectable fillers can provide.
- Collagen injections/Fat-injectable fillers: Collagen and fat-injectable fillers are used to reduce wrinkles and scarring by injecting fillers under the skin to plump up the affected area. Filler products may use collagen, the patient's own fat or fat from animals.
Our dermatologists also provide prescription sun care products, sunless tanners that double as treatment for keratosis pilaris, and cosmetics that offer broad-spectrum sun protection.