Physical therapists treat people with physical dysfunction resulting from disease or injury. You will work one-on-one with a Northwestern Medicine therapist to create a personalized therapy plan, developed with your primary care physician. Our goal is to help you return to your highest level of function—from daily activities to overall quality of life—as confidently, safely and pain-free as possible.
Our team* includes licensed physical therapists with advanced certifications, licensed physical therapist assistants and certified wound care specialists.
They help people of all ages with programs and therapies including:
- Aquatic therapy
- Cancer and lymphedema therapy
- Dancer's maintenance program
- Fall prevention
- Hand therapy
- Neurologic rehabilitation
- Pediatric therapy
- Speech therapy
- Sports medicine
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Women's health rehabilitation
Your personalized treatment plan will be based on your specific needs and goals, but could include education and training in the following areas:
- Activities of daily living
- Balance and gait training
- Exercise programs
- Graston technique®
- Heat and cold therapy and massage
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment LSVT® BIG™
- Muscle retraining
- Pain management
- Spine injury and chronic conditions
- Use of wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches
Marianjoy Physical Therapy and Outpatient Services in Wheaton26W171 Roosevelt RoadWheaton, Illinois 60187Phone 630.909.7150
Northwestern Medicine Rehabilitation Services Orland Park15430 West AvenueOrland Park, Illinois 60462
Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital Rehabilitation Services12251 South 80th AvenuePalos Heights, Illinois 60463
- American Physical Therapy Association: Find a detailed glossary of symptoms and conditions.
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities: Search a database of accredited providers.
- Dizziness and Balance Program: Learn about symptoms, diagnoses, management and treatments.
- Lymphedema Therapy: Find information on lymphedema care and treatment.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases: Find important news on treatments and clinical trials.
- National Osteoporosis Foundation: Learn about ways to prevent, slow or stop the progress of osteoporosis and to manage pain.
- National Rehabilitation Information Center: Find information about living with or recovering from a disability.
- Pediatric Outpatient Rehabilitation Services: Learn about therapy programs for your child.
- Pelvic Health Therapy: Learn about our rehabilitation services.
- Upper Extremity Rehabilitation: Learn how our therapy can help improve mobility and function.
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, the physician(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.