Congenital means “born with.” A congenital abnormality is a condition that exists at birth. It can cause health problems or affect how your body works.
We have experts who specialize in the care of adults with congenital abnormalities that affect the genital and urinary organs. These conditions also often impact the reproductive system.
With compassion and expertise, we treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Bladder and cloacal exstrophy
- Cloacal anomalies
- Differences of sexual development
- Neurogenic bladder and bowel
- Posterior urethral valves
- Prune belly syndrome (Eagle-Barrett syndrome)
- Ureteral anomalies (ureterocele, duplicated kidneys, ectopic ureter)
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- VATER syndrome
- Vesicoureteral reflux