Medical and Insurance Benefits
Health insurance coverage is provided to residents and their eligible dependents on the first day of employment. Residents must elect benefits within 31 days of their first day of employment. Coverage is provided in a manner consistent with the hospital's provision of the same benefit to its other employees and the insurance plan.
Residents are eligible for short-term illness and injury protection, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance. This is consistent with the hospital's provision of the same benefit to its other employees and the insurance plan.
Time Off Benefits
All residents are allowed 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per trainee year to be used for vacation, illness or personal time off. All time off is in accordance with ACGME requirements and ABPMR permitted time away to fulfill training requirements prior to being considered eligible for board examination.
- Financial support and conference days are provided to first author residents presenting at PMR Conferences.
- Financial support and conference days are provided to PGY4 residents attending one PMR board review course.
- PGY2 Core Books
- PGY3 and 4 are provided with a pre-determined book stipend each academic year to purchase a PMR educational resource of their choosing.
- PGY3 Northwestern University Prosthetics and Orthotics Course
- PGY4 Chief Residents: ACGME Leadership Skills Training Program
You may choose to participate in the following voluntary benefits at your own expense:
- 401K matches 100 percent of the first 6 percent of employee pre-tax contribution per pay period (100 percent vested after first year of service)
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Supplemental life insurance coverage
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- No-cost parking at Marianjoy and all participating sites
- Employee Assistance Program: Free confidential services through a third party (includes legal, adoption, etc.)