It’s easy to let routine screenings slip by, but as you get older, checkups will be increasingly important. Men in particular may be more hesitant to see a physician, but routine health screenings are an essential part of preventive care. Consult this infographic to help you or the man in your life check all boxes and stay in top form late into life.
Between visits, men of any age can follow these guidelines for a long and healthy life:
- If you smoke, quit. Your primary care provider can help you find the resources you need to kick this addictive habit.
- Avoid second-hand smoke whenever possible.
- Eat healthy. A healthy lifestyle starts with what’s on your plate.
- Exercise five times a week, with each session lasting at least 30 minutes.
- Get a flu shot each fall. On the fence about it? Find out if the flu shot is right for you.