Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
What the Advisory Council Does
The Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council (PPFAC) consists of parents, legal guardians, patients and hospital representatives who work together to help plan and evaluate hospital services, give feedback and suggestions to improve quality and safety, and advocate for patient- and family-centered care across Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.
This unique council provides:
- A forum for parents, legal guardians and patients with extensive pediatric and/or obstetrics inpatient and outpatient experiences to share their feedback with Central DuPage Hospital
- A partnership between parents, legal guardians, patients, hospital leadership and staff
- An opportunity to consult on patient needs based on the parent, legal guardian and patient perspective
- Recommendations for Central DuPage Hospital administration and staff about patient engagement, services and new projects or programs
- An opportunity to participate in planning, operating and policy work
- Staff and administration education about family-centered care
- Collaboration on efforts related to women and children’s health care
Members have found participation on the PPFAC to be a fulfilling and rewarding experience.
Learn More and Apply
Please take a few minutes to review the council’s membership criteria and selection process in the Perinatal and Pediatric Family Advisory Council brochure. If you are interested in applying for membership, please complete the online application below.
If you have any additional questions, please call 630.933.6459.