Northwestern Memorial Foundation
Northwestern Memorial Foundation is the fundraising arm of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. Donor support helps us to provide the highest quality health care for our communities, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay. Philanthropy helps improve patient care programs, expand critical research and train medical personnel. It helps us to assist the people in our communities with lifesaving education and screenings, improve access to care for growing numbers of patients, provide education and resources to prevent disease, and help those with chronic diseases better manage their health.
Facts and Figures
- In fiscal years 2014-2017, the Northwestern Memorial Foundation staff raised an average $1 million a week to support critical patient care, new facilities, research and educational programs.
- In fiscal year 2017, Northwestern Memorial Foundation raised $50 million towards We Will. The Campaign for Northwestern Medicine, a collaboration with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- In fiscal year 2017, the inaugural system-wide Workplace Giving Campaign Together We Are Better raised $2.2 million from employees and physicians to support important hospital and community initiatives.
One of our main objectives is to build the next generation of healthcare leaders.
For example, the Auxiliaries of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage and Delnor Hospitals, Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital, offers college scholarships to students pursuing a degree or certification in a healthcare-related field, such as nursing, applied health or pharmacy.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital service area can receive scholarships of $1,000 to $5,000 per year toward education expenses only. See the guidelines for more details on eligibility and the application process, including the application form and photo release form. Applications are due no later than March 31, 2019.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital service area can download Kishwaukee Hospital Auxiliary scholarship and application instructions. Applications are due no later than May 4, 2018.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital service area can download the Valley West Hospital Auxiliary scholarship and application instructions. Applications are due no later than June 1, 2018.
Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Auxiliary Offers Scholarships
The Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Auxiliary is offering scholarships to local residents who are pursuing healthcare careers. Applicants must live in a community served by Valley West Hospital. This includes Earlville, Sandwich, Plano, Somonauk, Leland, Yorkville, Bristol, Sheridan, Serena, Newark, Millington, Millbrook, Big Rock, Hinckley and Waterman. The student must be a high school graduate and show proof of acceptance into a post-secondary health-related program.
Application forms, transcripts and test scores must be returned by June 1st. for the subsequent fall semester. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic merit, and career goal. Last year, the Valley West Hospital Auxiliary awarded $12,000 in healthcare career scholarships to deserving students in the area.
Application and instructions are available at Valley West Hospital Gift Shop, by calling Deanna Francis at 815.786.8484 x253775, or emailing Deanna.Francis@nm.org. Applications must be received in the Volunteer Services office by June 1st or postmarked no later than that same date.