Behavioral Health Services at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers comprehensive consultation, diagnosis and treatment of a full range of adult and older adult mental health disorders.
Norman and Ida Stone Institute of Psychiatry
The Norman and Ida Stone Institute of Psychiatry's inpatient unit opened in the heart of the medical campus in September of 2011. It provides a contemporary approach to psychiatric care in the hospital setting. A healing environment, evidence-based psychotherapy, expert pharmacology and neuromodulation support our goal to accelerate recovery and prepare our patients to transition back into the community. We are the first inpatient psychiatric care unit in the country to incorporate behavioral activation into the care setting.
Through the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, translational and clinical research into the neurobiology of mental disorders is ongoing and these programs aim to improve our understanding of the underlying causes of disorders and to influence the development of new treatments.
Meet the Team
The Behavioral Health Services team includes board-certified psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, licensed clinical social workers and patient care technicians who are dedicated to providing multidisciplinary and compassionate care with individualized treatment for each patient being cared for.
Areas of Care
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Behavioral Health Services
- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Division of Addiction Psychiatry
- Division of Forensic Psychiatry
- Division of Psychology
- Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Outpatient Clinic: 312.695.5060
- Supportive Housing Service: 312.926.0896
- Warren Wright Adolescent Center: 312.926.8200
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Gastrointestinal Symptoms
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremor and Dystonia
- Forensic Consultation
- Inpatient Psychiatric Care
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation