Epilepsy and Seizure Care at Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital maintains the highest designation by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. We work together to determine how to best treat your seizures in a way that minimizes significant side effects and maximizes your quality of life.
The Center is staffed with a multidisciplinary team that includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, psychologists, and specialized nurses and EEG technicians. We see our patients by referral to allow continuation of care with the local neurologist and primary physicians. Services available include:
- Second opinions regarding your seizure or epilepsy diagnosis
- Comprehensive epilepsy care
- Inpatient epilepsy monitoring
- Stereo EEG evaluation
- Epilepsy surgery, including minimally invasive resections and brain stimulation
- Epilepsy treatment tailored to women
- Clinical research trials
We also offer the only Women's Epilepsy Program in Illinois.