Following surgery, patients are encourage to participate in a support group that further encourages them as they stick to the program and achieve weight loss goals.
The journey to better health and quality of life starts with our comprehensive weight loss program:
- Complimentary, virtual informational sessions
- Consultation with one of our highly experienced bariatric surgeons
- Pre-operative classes and testing
- Registered dietitian, registered nurse, psychologist and exercise physiologist meetings
- Complimentary one-year membership to the Northwestern Medicine Huntley Health & Fitness Center or Northwestern Medicine Crystal Lake Health & Fitness Center
- Social events including clothing sale, 5K, paint and protein, and cooking demonstration
- Monthly support groups
Our commitment to you does not end after surgery. Our lifelong support system will monitor your long-term health status and weight loss success, helping you reverse the negative impact of obesity.
If you're interested in learning more about our program, call 847.802.7230.
Meet The Team
The Northwestern Medicine Medical and Surgical Weight Loss Center at Huntley Hospital team combines a surgical approach with mental support, nutritional education and physical activity to enhance weight loss and provide you with quality care.
Why Choose Us
Accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program
The Northwestern Medicine Medical and Surgical Weight Loss Center at Huntley Hospital is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®). This accreditation was achieved after a rigorous review of our facilities, staff and standards of care. All accredited centers report their outcomes to the MBSAQIP database and participate in regular reviews to evaluate their bariatric surgical programs.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center
Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital is a designated Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery. This designation from Blue Cross Blue Shield indicates that we provide a full range of bariatric surgery care, including surgical care, post-operative care, outpatient follow-up care and patient education. According to Blue Cross Blue Shield, centers with this designation have lower complication rates and fewer readmissions compared to non-designated programs.
Optum Center of Excellence
Our designation as a bariatric Center of Excellence by Optum® indicates that we perform more successful bariatric procedures than many other facilities nearby. According to Optum, compared to non-designated programs, Optum Centers of Excellence also have fewer complications and readmissions, and have demonstrated:
- 15 percent lower mortality1
- 16 percent lower inpatient hospital readmission1
- 12 percent lower reoperation rate for bariatric procedures1
- $4,239 lower average cost per surgical episode2
Optum Centers of Excellence undergo an annual review and recertification process to help ensure they continue to meet the high standards set by this designation.
2 2015 Optum claims book of business analysis. Haig 2015.