Comprehensive quality care
In partnership with the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Northwestern Memorial Hospital is proud to be ranked as one of the top 12 cancer programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- Northwestern Memorial is ranked 1st in both the Chicago Metro Area and in Illinois for the seventh consecutive year, with 11 of its clinical specialties nationally ranked and three in the top 10.
In addition the Lurie Cancer Center is:
- One of only 47 National Cancer Institutes (NCI)-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the nation. NCI is one of the anchors in the nation’s cancer research efforts to fight cancer.
- A founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), an alliance of 27 of the world's leading cancer centers dedicated to quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of cancer care so that patients can live better lives.
The Northwestern Medicine Division of Hematology Oncology provides diagnosis and treatment of various forms of cancer as well as disorders of the blood system.
In an effort to provide the best possible care to oncology patients, their families and caregivers, the section of Hematology/Oncology, along with the sections of Gynecologic Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and the Northwestern Ovarian Cancer Early Detection Program (NOCEDP) have joined forces with the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Cancer Center provides a full range of oncology services and provides access to specialized research, clinical trials and diagnostic services. It is the only Comprehensive Cancer Center, as designated by the National Cancer Institute, in the state of Illinois.
Find out more about the clinical programs associated with the Division of Hematology Oncology.
- The Cancer Genetics Program
- Palliative Care
- The Stem Cell Transplant Program
- Northwestern Center for Bleeding Disorders
- Bladder Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer of the Lymphatic System
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Hereditary Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Myelodyspastic Disease
- Other Cancers
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Targeted Therapy