With locations throughout Chicagoland, you have convenient access to specialists and state-of-the-art facilities close to where you live and work. We work together as a multi-disciplinary team to provide high-quality care for our patients with bladder cancer.
At Northwestern Medicine, you have access to resources such as:
- Expert opinions from Northwestern Memorial Hospital, which has the top-ranked urology program in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report, 2023 – 2024.
- Multi-specialty care teams with experts in urology, medical oncology, pathology and radiology. These clinicians meet weekly in tumor board conferences to collaborate on care for patients with bladder cancer. This helps ensure you get a care plan that fits your needs.
- State-of-the-art diagnostic testing available throughout Northwestern Medicine
- Advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques
- Proton therapy
- Genetic counseling for genitourinary cancers
- The latest therapies and clinical trials that offer more treatment options
In addition, Northwestern Memorial Hospital is proud to be a top-ranked hospital in the U.S. for cancer by U.S. News & World Report, 2023 – 2024, and to be home of Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, which has an exceptional rating from the National Cancer Institute. With our clinical care teams collaborating across Northwestern Medicine, you will have access to world-class care at all of our locations.
Procedures and Treatments
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin therapy and other intravesical (delivered to the bladder through a catheter) chemotherapy treatments
- Bladder biopsy
- Bladder removal surgery
- Blue Light Cystoscopy (BLC™) with Cysview®
- Clinical trials
- Radiation therapy
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)