The neurology specialists of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital* treat children with neurological conditions including: seizures, epilepsy, developmental delay, autism, headache/migraine, Tourette’s syndrome, post-traumatic head injury/concussion, childhood stroke, cerebral palsy, hydrocephalus, and neuromuscular diseases.
Through our clinical partnership with Lurie Children’s, we have advanced pediatric neurological care in locations close to home for children living with neurologic conditions at:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital located in Winfield
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital located in Geneva
Specialized diagnostic services available to pediatric neurology patients include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) to record electrical activity in the brain
- Electromyogram (EMG) to record muscle contractions resulting from electrical stimulation
- Sleep studies to understand the cause of sleep disturbances
- Medical imaging (MRI, CT, PET)
- Neuropsychological testing
Should hospitalization be necessary, patients benefit from the 24-hour onsite coverage provided by Lurie Children’s hospitalists and critical care specialists in the PICU and Pediatric Units at Central DuPage Hospital.
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
The medical professionals on the Pediatric Neurology team are committed to delivering excellent care in an environment designed to meet the needs of children and families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Physicians who are board-certified in pediatrics, pediatric neurology and/or pediatric psychiatry
- Advanced practice nurses
- Pediatric medical imaging specialists
- Geneticist and genetic counselors
- Child psychologists
- Child psychiatrists
- Child life specialists
- Pediatric rehabilitation specialists
If your child’s condition requires consultation with other pediatric specialists, you can count on the Pediatric Neurology team to coordinate care with Lurie Children’s physicians who have the necessary expertise.
Our Approach to Care
Our team works tirelessly to help children and adolescents return to a life focused on the future. Using a family-centered multidisciplinary approach to care, our team equips children and their families with ways to cope with the emotional, social and developmental challenges that often come with neurological disease.
If you would like to make an appointment with one of our pediatric neurologists, call 630.933.6631 and ask for an appointment at our convenient Pediatric Outpatient Center located in Winfield or Geneva.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Brain Malformation
- Cerebral Palsy
- Diagnostic Dilemmas
- Head Trauma
- Metabolic Disorder
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Spina Bifida
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Care
- Tourette Syndrome
Pediatric Specialists Directory for Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital: Find a Pediatric specialist.
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.