Last updated: August 10, 2022
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends COVID-19 vaccines and boosters for everyone age 6 months and older. This schedule from the CDC outlines the COVID-19 vaccination schedule for all ages. Visit the CDC website for more information about the COVID-19 vaccine for children.
Getting a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine at Northwestern Medicine
Immediate Care Centers
- You do not need an appointment. If you prefer, you can reserve an appointment.
- You do not need to be a current Northwestern Medicine patient.
- You can get a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine between 10 am and 2 pm on the days listed.
- You can get a primary dose or a booster dose.
- Please bring your vaccination record with you if you plan to get a booster vaccination.
Anyone age 6 months and older can receive a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at the Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care Centers below:
- Crystal Lake (Wednesdays)
- Glenview (Wednesdays)
- Huntley (Saturdays)
- Orland Park (Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- Sycamore (Fridays)
- St. Charles (Wednesdays)
- Streeterville (Thursdays)
- Wheaton (Saturdays)
Primary Care Sites
- Days and times are limited.
- You need to make an appointment. Select the location for contact details.
- You must be a patient at Northwestern Medicine. You do not have to be a patient at the site where you get the vaccine.
The Northwestern Medicine Primary Care sites below offer the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for the ages specified:
- Northwestern Medicine Pediatrics SoNo (ages 6 months to 18 years)
- Northwestern Medicine Pediatrics Glenview Outpatient Center (ages 6 months to 18 years)
- Northwestern Medicine Family Medicine Aurora (ages 6 months and older)
- Northwestern Medicine Family Medicine Grayslake Outpatient Center (ages 6 months and older)
- Northwestern Medicine Primary Care Huntley (ages 6 months and older)
Vaccines in the Community
You can also get the COVID-19 vaccine at locations in local communities: