Why choose Northwestern Medicine for sports medicine care?
Sports injuries can hold you back from an active life. Whether you’re a weekend warrior, a student competitor or a professional athlete, the sports medicine team at Northwestern Medicine offers complete care to help get you moving again. Your sports medicine team* may include:
- Athletic trainers
- Exercise physiologists
- Occupational therapists
- Orthopaedist/orthopaedic surgeons
- Physical therapists
- Sports medicine specialists
Northwestern Medicine board-certified sports medicine specialists use the latest medical and surgical advances, including minimally invasive techniques that reduce pain and speed healing. You’ll have a full spectrum of rehabilitation services to help you heal, including:
- Inpatient care immediately following surgery
- In-home rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation services at a convenient location
Meet the Teams
- Concussion Clinic: Across the country, athletic programs and medical professionals are putting a greater emphasis on identifying and treating concussions. Learn about the Northwestern Medicine Sports Concussion Clinic.
- Running Medicine Clinic: Successfully treating runners takes team of dedicated clinical professionals with extensive experience in working with athletes. Learn about the Northwestern Medicine Running Medicine Clinic.
- Athletic Training and Sports Performance Clinic brochure
- Sports Injury flier: Don't let an injury shape your season
- Plantar Fasciitis brochure
In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, some of the physician(s) and/or individual(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.
How Therapy Helped Elite Gymnast Stay Competitive
Curran Phillips has been doing flips and other tricks for as long as he can remember, so when he started experiencing hip pain, he needed a care team that understood his love of competing.