Convenient Suburban Location
Through a clinical partnership, Lurie Children's* provides convenient access to care for the management of childhood and adolescent endocrine issues at:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital located in Winfield
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital located in Geneva
Should hospitalization be necessary, patients benefit from the 24-hour onsite coverage provided by Lurie Children’s hospitalists and critical care specialists in the PICU and Pediatric Units at Central DuPage Hospital.
Should your child need sophisticated diagnostic testing, we provide:
- High-resolution ultrasound guidance to biopsy thyroid nodules
- Dynamic endocrine testing to stimulate release of particular hormones
- Growth hormone stimulation to diagnose growth hormone deficiency
- Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone stimulation to identify early puberty
Multidisciplinary Team Approach
The medical professionals on the Pediatric Endocrinology team are committed to delivering excellent care in an environment designed to meet the needs of children and families.
The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Physicians who are board-certified in pediatrics and pediatric endocrinology
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Geneticist and genetic counsellors
- Registered dieticians
- Child psychologists
- Child psychiatrists
- Child life specialists
- Social workers
If your child’s condition requires consultation with other pediatric specialists such as cardiologists, urologists, bariatric specialists, geneticists and developmental pediatricians, you can count on our team to coordinate care with Lurie Children’s physicians who have the necessary expertise.
Our Approach to Care
Using a family-centered multidisciplinary approach to care, our team equips children and their families with ways to cope with the emotional, social and developmental challenges that often come with endocrine disease.
If you would like to make an appointment with our pediatric endocrinologist call 1.800.KIDS DOC (1.800.543.7362) and ask for an appointment at one of our convenient Pediatric Outpatient Centers located in Winfield or Geneva.
- Adrenal and Thyroid Abnormalities
- Growth Disorders
- Nutrition and Metabolism Issues
- Puberty Developmental Concerns
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.