A visitor management plan is in place at the hospital to reduce patient, visitor, staff and physician exposure to the flu.
- If a visitor has flu-like symptoms, they should refrain from seeing a patient in the hospital or accompanying a patient to a clinic visit.
- Visitors younger than 18 years old will not be permitted to visit patients in the hospital.
- Exception: Parents younger than 18 who have children in the hospital will be permitted to visit.
- Only two visitors per patient will be allowed at one time.
For more information about flu prevention strategies, please visit flu.nm.org.
Visits from family and friends can bring patients the warmth, comfort, encouragement and support they need to heal. Northwestern Medicine encourages you to spend time with your loved ones and friends during their hospital stay.
Located on the Lower Level and accessible from the main lobby, the Lake Forest Hospital cafe offers traditional comfort food, pizzas and entrées baked in a hearth oven, fresh salads and sandwiches, breakfast and many unique offerings.
- Monday through Friday: 7 am–7 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 am–3 pm
Packaged vending options are available in the waiting area of the Emergency Department.
Lake Forest Hospital houses hundreds of pieces of dynamic art that emphasize tranquility and healing. The collection features both local and international artists, and includes photography, paintings and hand-crafted glass, metal and wood.
Visitor boardwalk and walking paths
The exterior boardwalk runs along the east side of the hospital and curves around the reflecting pond and waterfall. The boardwalk is perfect for waiting, walking or relaxing.
The hospital campus supports health, wellness and community enjoyment, with 7,000 feet of walking and biking paths, hundreds of trees and serene views of nature.
Visitors play an important role in helping patients recover. To maintain a healing environment and enable patients to rest, however, we ask that family and friends honor our visiting hours and guidelines.
Each patient will be informed of their visitation rights. Patients may withdraw or deny consent to calls and visitors at any time. Visitors are not restricted, limited or otherwise denied visitation privileges based on age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture, language, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, Vietnam or other veteran status, or any other status protected by relevant law.
Regular visitor guidelines
General visiting hours: 5:30 am–9:00 pm
All visitors are asked to check in at the concierge desk in the lobby to obtain an identification wristband.
Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult other than the patient.
A maximum of two visitors per patient are allowed at one time.
Please review the following exceptions to our general visitor guidelines:
Download our Services and Amenities Map.
- Maternity Services: Spouses or other designated special guests have open visiting hours. Visiting hours for grandparents, siblings of the newborn(s) and all other visitors are 8:00 am–8:30 pm daily. Other visitors must be 12 or older and are encouraged to visit from 10 am–8 pm daily.
- Pediatrics: Parents have open visiting hours. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Intensive Cardiac-Care Unit (ICCU): Family members have open visiting hours.