Benefits of Massage Therapy in Hampshire and Sycamore
At Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital Physical Therapy Centers in Sycamore and Hampshire, we understand that most anyone can benefit from massage therapy. A massage can create a multitude of therapeutic effects that occur not only at the site of massage, but throughout the entire body. General benefits of massage include:
- Increased circulation and lymphatic flow
- Increased flexibility
- Improved relaxation
- Decreased blood pressure
Treatment of Conditions and Diseases
Massage therapy is also beneficial in the treatment and management of specific conditions such as:
- Post-operative scar and pain management
- Headaches and migraines
- Neck pain
- Upper back pain
- TMJ dysfunction
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Discomfort associated with pregnancy
Massage Therapy for Cancer Patients
Recent studies have proven massage is safe and beneficial during all phases of cancer treatment. The massage therapists know how to develop individualized sessions to optimize the effects of massage for cancer patients while maintaining the safety and integrity of each person. Benefits of therapeutic massage for patients with cancer include:
- Reduces pain
- Enhances the relaxation response
- Provides a caring and nurturing environment
- Promotes a feeling of control
- Promotes self-esteem
- Helps the body adjust to changes
At the Initial Massage Therapy Appointment
The first time a patient visits our center for massage therapy, he or she:
- Will be asked to provide information about medical history. This information should include major health problems, current medications, and recent injuries. This information is necessary to ensure the patient’s safety and allow for an enjoyable and beneficial treatment.
- Will discuss health information with the massage therapist to develop an individualized massage therapy plan.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Appointments are available days and evenings.
- Physician referrals may be submitted to insurance companies. Self-referrals are asked to pay at time of service.
Gift certificates are available throughout the year and may be purchased at the Sycamore facility or Kishwaukee Hospital’s Green Leaf Gift Shop.
To schedule an appointment or more more information about massage therapy services, please call: